Monday, February 28, 2011
Saturday, February 26, 2011
S'mores Cupcake Ideas
Traditional s’mores recipes make especially sweet little cakes. Though they have only three flavors, the chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers come together easily in cupcake form. We have an easy and delicious s’mores cupcake recipe for you to try plus a few additional ways to jazz them up. Great for family gatherings and camping birthday parties, the recipe is so quick, you can enjoy the sweet, gooey campfire treat anytime you want.
With only three ingredients making up traditional s'mores, it's easy to put them all together to create one delicious cupcake.
- 10 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- chocolate cake recipe
- 7 oz marshmallow crème
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 2 Hershey’s chocolate bars
- Put paper liners in a 24 count cupcake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed graham crackers with melted butter.
- Put approximately 1 tablespoon of graham cracker mixture in each cupcake liner.
- Mix your favorite – or easiest chocolate cake recipe – and fill cupcake pan ¾ full.
- Bake according to cake recipe directions.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, stir confectioner’s sugar in marshmallow crème.
- Frost each cupcake with the marshmallow frosting. The frosting will run over the sides to look like melted marshmallows in a traditional s'more.
- Sprinkle any leftover graham cracker crumbs over cupcakes and top with one square of the Hershey’s chocolate bar.
- Dip a jumbo marshmallow in melted chocolate and graham cracker crumbs. Place on one end of a toothpick and stick into each cupcake.
- If kids will be enjoying the cupcakes, makemarshmallow animals to go on top.
- Make easy custom picks using scrapbook paper. Take a small square of tan paper and glue a smaller square of dark brown paper on top. Cut a piece of white paper to have a wavy border and glue on top of the brown pieces. Fill in with any phrase or word you like.
- For similar flavor plus the surprise of color, substitute red velvet cake for the chocolate.
- Or, switch the cake and frosting flavors. Bake a vanilla cake and frost with chocolate icing topped with actual toasted marshmallows.
- Use chocolate graham crackers for an extra chocolate-y taste.
- Fill cupcakes with chocolate fudge or marshmallow cream using a specialty cake decorating tip.
- Experiment with different flavors added into the frosting by mixing in peanut butter, almond extract or instant coffee granules.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
You can download this Lerechaun Cupcake Wrapper Here
Have you heard of sarah + abraham .....
We have loved all things sarah + abraham for quite some time.
Actually we really can't remember when we didn't fall for their Designs and Creations.
sarah + abraham is an online shop specializing in personalized children's stationery and art prints. Incorporating illustrations from several talented artists, our unique products feature a clean and simple style, combining vintage with modern to evoke an innocent, nostalgic feeling.
The possibilities are endless! These versatile silhouettes can be mixed and matched in just about any way you can think of. Choose the silhouettes that best portray your family, and sarah + abraham create personalized stationery for you!
Sarah started the business in 2007 and has continued to grow her collections based on her customers feedback. Sarah says "I love helping customers create the perfect paper goods for their parties, gifts, and social correspondence. It's such a treat to be part of welcoming a new baby, decorating a nursery, planning a child's birthday party, or teaching children the value of a hand-written thank you note".
Every piece from sarah + abraham has that attention to detail and love Sarah speaks of.
We are so Excited that sarah + abraham is now offering personalized pillows! These ADORABLE custom pillows feature hand-sewn interpretations of the popular olliegraphic line and are completely handmade starting with an upholstery weight fabric for the pillow cover and finished with muslin, felt, and hand-embroidered details.
Picture by C. Davis Photography
They're sure to be a big hit with any little girl or boy while adding a truly unique finishing touch to their bedroom or nursery. They come in seven beautiful fabric colors to choose from and of course all of the olliegraphic options to make this custom item look just like your little one!
And because we LOVE you!
Because we think sarah + abraham are FABULOUS
And because we know you will too.....
We are giving away a "New" sarah + abraham Olliegraphic Pillow.
Enter to Win By~
1) Following sarah + abraham on facebook, and come back to let us know you are a fan!
2) Visit sarah + abraham and tell us your favorite product (it will be hard to choose)
2) Subscribe to Follow our Blog (on the left hand side)!
3) Become a fan of The Savvy Moms Guide on Facebook, and come back to let us know you are a fan here!
4) Follow The Savvy Moms Guide on Twitter, come back and let us know your following our tweets here!
5) Share this Giveaway with your friends and family. Share where you did your Shout-out here!
Winner will be chosen on Wednesday March 2, 2011 at 8:00pm (PST). Any entries received after this time will not be considered. Open to US only. Winner needs to contact with their shipping address and the personalization details
within one week of the end of the giveaway. Winner will be chosen using random.org. This is a sponsored post for The Savvy Moms Guide.
Amy & Bri
Without further Ado.....
hello from Little Wellies :)
i am soo pleased to be guest blogging for these savvy girls over here, and so excited to share this new diy: cutie patootie onesie dress with you (i'll soon be doing an upload of this style in my shop!). i like how you can take any onesie (that normally gets paired with boring pants) and make it into this fabulous dress. some gals like to cut the onesie in half, but i leave the onesie whole so my little bridgett's diaper isn't hanging out.
see in picture below how i used my onesie as a guide
gather stitch the top of the pink chevron, then pin it where you want it to your onesie. make sure to not pin the front side to the back side. sew it to the onesie (hint: stretch the onesie as you are sewing the dress on, so that the dress is more roomy and not too tight).
flip the dress inside out, and sew up the sides (don't forget to zig zag the raw edges together).
finish the edge by folding in the end of the strip & backstitching over the two edges.
and viola [!] cutie patootie onesie dress :)
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
We are thrilled to have our Friends Carrie and Jacey, the organizers of Moo LaLa Boutique, stopping by the Blog today.
These friends, and neighbors, are taking a 'Savvy' approach to shopping and saving.
Are you familiar with Consignment Sales? If not you will be addicted (we are) to the benefits Carrie and Jacey Share.
A new concept in shopping is helping families stay within budgets when it comes to outfitting their children. Families once priced out of the name brand markets, are now able to purchase name brand clothing and baby gear for a fraction of the retail price. Seasonal consignment events are a new trend spreading across the nation as consumers learn about all the advantages of selling and shopping at them. So what is a seasonal consignment event? A consignment event is typically a sale that lasts 1 day to 1 week, allowing consignors to bring their outgrown children’s items to sell profiting up to 75% of their sales, and providing amazing deals to shoppers by taking advantage of the gently-used price. A benefit to all that are involved!
So why shop consignment? Clothing prices are expected to rise about 10 percent in coming months, with the biggest increases in the second half of the year Seasonal consignment sale shoppers receive steep discounts on name brand clothing, toys and baby gear, leaving more money in your pocket, avoiding the inflating costs of new clothes. You can typically expect to pay 30-40% of the original retail price. Most sales have a thorough inspection process to maintain the highest quality of items, making sure that you get the most for you money.
What are the advantages of selling at a seasonal consignment event? Consignors typically receive a larger percentage of the profit of their sold items as compared to a consignment store. Since these are highly advertised events and there are more shoppers passing through making it easier to sell items in a short amount of time, which translates to a quicker profit for the seller! Additionally, there is none of the hassle that comes with advertising and holding a garage sale and you are able to price your items at a higher price point than what you can expect at a garage sale.
What happens to the clothes that don’t sell? Typically, consignors have two options when it comes to their unsold items, they can pick them up or have them donated to a local charity that is arranged through the sale organizers. Since your closets are already cleaned out, this option is a great way to keep the clutter out and benefit others in the community.
So are you excited to shop at a seasonal consignment sale? You can visit Consignment Mommies to search for a sale in your area. Get ready to become addicted and save some MOOLAH!
SELL gently used items, SHOP for amazing deals, SAVE lots of MOOLAH!
Friday, February 18, 2011
We often find ourselves lost in any and all things Little Miss Momma creates but this is our all time Favorite LMM Creation!