Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cookies and Milk Baby Shower

When my family and friends approached me about having a baby shower, I have to admit I was hesitant at first. I thought I had everything I needed as far as the essentials, but because this time around I am having a boy, I went ahead and agreed to it. OH how the party planning wheels began to turn!!!! I am known to have a sweet tooth and this pregnancy definitely supported that habit!! So, I remember seeing an adorable "Cookies and Milk" themed Birthday party on the Internet and thought why not have a shower around this adorable theme AND support my love of my nightly cookies and milk before bed?

With the help of family and friends I was truly blessed and was given one of the most adorable baby showers ever! Most of the details you see were hand made. The "A" on the front door was made by my talented sister, her amazing Cricuit, poster board and some Cookie Crisp cereal! My wonderful sister also made cookies on a stick that were made from Styrofoam, paint, wooden dowels, and some more Cookie Crisp cereal.

I wanted the colors of the shower to compliment my son's room (Pics to come). So we of course went with brown, whites and accented with orange. I love how the pop of orange made the whole table stand out. I asked my talented friend Donella of Ella B Photography to create a banner for me and she did not disappoint! "Got Cravings" was strung over the table with the complimenting colors of the shower and she even added little chocolate chip cookies on each letter.


I had also seen these blue and white paper straws on Bake It Pretty and knew they needed to be included in this shower. They were just too cute to pass up!


Not only did my amazing friends and family make a variety of dozen upon dozen of delicious cookies for the table, Jamie of Kolby Kakes also made her famous cake balls in the coordinating colors of the shower. She is so creative! I also asked her if she could create a milk bottle and chocolate chip cookie sugar cookie for the day and she perfected my vision! The only bummer was that I did not get to sample one, they were gone instantly!

I wanted to limit the usual baby shower games, so my sister came up with "Guess How Many Cookies are in the Cookie Jar?" She simply filled a jar with (again) Cookie Crisp cereal and had each of the guests put their guess on a slip of paper with their name.



I knew I wanted each guest to leave with some sort of cookie to remind them of the day, but was not sure what I wanted to put them in other than a bag? I was so excited when I found these ADORABLE milk cartons from Polka Dot Prints! I contacted Jordan, the owner and she was able to compliment the colors and the theme perfectly onto these mini milk cartons that were then filled with mini chocolate chip cookies from Trader Joe's. Aren't they SO unique? Stay tuned and we may just have a lil' Giveaway in the future (tomorrow....wink, wink!!)????


Thank you everyone who had a hand in throwing me not just a shower but a day full of memories that will last forever! I am beyond thrilled and excited to Welcome Baby Ayden into this world in just a few more days.

Stay tuned for our Giveaway from Polka Dot Prints......

Smiles~
Amy

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! So *SO* so cute!! So sad I had to miss it, sounds like it was fun and adorable as well!! Happy "birthing"!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks amazing! Can't wait to meet the little one. Thanks for the shout out.

    Donella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The Chocolate Brown and Orange look Fab together! Congrats on on Baby Ayden!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking for your Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe! I wan't to pin it on my pinterest board but I can't find it anywhere! Please Help!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The decorations and the cake all look amazing. You have prepared the best party that I’ve seen today. I’m planning a baby shower for one of my friends in an event space San Francisco has. At the moment, I am looking for some ideas as well.

    ReplyDelete