S'mores Cupcake Ideas
Traditional s’mores recipes make especially sweet little cakes. Though they have only three flavors, the chocolate, marshmallow and graham crackers come together easily in cupcake form. We have an easy and delicious s’mores cupcake recipe for you to try plus a few additional ways to jazz them up. Great for family gatherings and camping birthday parties, the recipe is so quick, you can enjoy the sweet, gooey campfire treat anytime you want.
With only three ingredients making up traditional s'mores, it's easy to put them all together to create one delicious cupcake.
- 10 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- chocolate cake recipe
- 7 oz marshmallow crème
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 2 Hershey’s chocolate bars
- Put paper liners in a 24 count cupcake pan.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed graham crackers with melted butter.
- Put approximately 1 tablespoon of graham cracker mixture in each cupcake liner.
- Mix your favorite – or easiest chocolate cake recipe – and fill cupcake pan ¾ full.
- Bake according to cake recipe directions.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, stir confectioner’s sugar in marshmallow crème.
- Frost each cupcake with the marshmallow frosting. The frosting will run over the sides to look like melted marshmallows in a traditional s'more.
- Sprinkle any leftover graham cracker crumbs over cupcakes and top with one square of the Hershey’s chocolate bar.
- Dip a jumbo marshmallow in melted chocolate and graham cracker crumbs. Place on one end of a toothpick and stick into each cupcake.
- If kids will be enjoying the cupcakes, makemarshmallow animals to go on top.
- Make easy custom picks using scrapbook paper. Take a small square of tan paper and glue a smaller square of dark brown paper on top. Cut a piece of white paper to have a wavy border and glue on top of the brown pieces. Fill in with any phrase or word you like.
- For similar flavor plus the surprise of color, substitute red velvet cake for the chocolate.
- Or, switch the cake and frosting flavors. Bake a vanilla cake and frost with chocolate icing topped with actual toasted marshmallows.
- Use chocolate graham crackers for an extra chocolate-y taste.
- Fill cupcakes with chocolate fudge or marshmallow cream using a specialty cake decorating tip.
- Experiment with different flavors added into the frosting by mixing in peanut butter, almond extract or instant coffee granules.